noun (plural businessmen)
1A man who works in business or commerce, especially at an executive level.
- They're the essence of traditional New England Republican businessmen.
- The business school isn't looking for stylish and amusing writers; it is looking for good businessmen.
- So far, its leaders and businessmen say the chancellor has not just talked the talk, but walked the walk.
1.1 [with adjective] A person with a specified level of skill in financial matters: his knowledge and talent were never in question, but he was a poor businessman
More example sentences
- I am convinced that no one could have done just as I did, no matter how able a businessman he was.
- Any businessman who doesn't know the state of his company's finances is not a businessman.
- The smart businessman thinks like a ball and remains in balance no matter what happens.
Words that rhyme with businessmanbusinessmen
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.