noun (plural busmen)
A driver of a bus.
More example sentences
- Private busmen and co-drivers try to intimidate you, especially if a woman is behind the wheel.
- The first results came from London Transport busmen and showed ‘an extraordinary difference between the drivers and the conductors on double decker buses.’
- The 29 cyclists joined Keighley & District Travel's three busmen, who are cycling from John O'Groats to Land's End, on the five-mile challenge to race the train between Keighley and Oxenhope stations on Sunday.
a busman's holiday
- A vacation or form of recreation that involves doing the same thing that one does at work.More example sentences
- It is a working summer holiday, a busman's holiday - you come over, get muddy and call it a holiday.
- Indeed, it would be hard to think of a more clubbable bunch than the society of nations, with their endless get-togethers and busman's holidays.
- I've had eight years with the under-21s and regard it as a busman's holiday.
Definition of busman in:
- The British & World English dictionary