Definition of butanol in English:
Each of two isomeric liquid alcohols used as solvents; butyl alcohol.
- Chemical formula: CH3CH2CH2CH2OH (1-butanol, butan-1-ol) and CH3CH2CH(OH)CH3 (2-butanol, butan-2-ol)
- Recent work in our laboratory has explored the clustering behaviour of organic polar solvents such as methanol, 6 ethanol and butanol.
- Digestion products were loaded on silica gel TLC, developed in butanol: acetic acid: water and stained with thymol - H 2 SO 4.
- Butyl acetate, butanol, hexyl acetate, and hexanol present in whole fruit were analysed by grinding 250 g of melon flesh in liquid nitrogen.
Definition of butanol in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan