An epiphytic wild orchid of South America with large yellow and red flowers that somewhat resemble a butterfly in shape.
- Oncidium papilio, family Orchidaceae
More example sentences
- Bauhinia forficata, or Brazilian orchid tree, also is known as white butterfly orchid tree or simply white orchid tree.
- Among them are butterfly orchid from Timor and Maluku, and mini orchid from North Sulawesi.
- The tour ended in a forest of trees with blooming white blossoms of phalaenopsis, or butterfly orchid.
Definition of butterfly orchid in:
- The British & World English dictionary