- A popular winter squash of a variety that has a bell-shaped fruit with sweet orange-yellow flesh.More example sentences
- I also brought in actual vegetables: acorn squash, butternut squash, artichokes, red, green and yellow peppers, eggplant and several others with which even I wasn't familiar.
- Golden butternut squash, robust orange pumpkins, crunchy red and green apples - fall produce is downright gorgeous, not to mention delectable.
- Instead, look for the charming and nutty onion squash, the cute kabocha squash and the shapely butternut squash, or its fluorescent orange French equivalent.
More definitions of butternut squashDefinition of butternut squash in:
- The British & World English dictionary