- A yellow-flowered plant of the daisy family, closely related to ragwort.
More example sentences
- Genus Senecio, family Compositae: several species, including the common butterweed (S. vulgaris) of the Pacific states and Bolander’s butterweed (S. bolanderi), found especially along the Pacific coast of North America
- Among them, butterweed is a cool-season annual that usually grows to 18 to 20 inches tall.
- Layne's butterweed grows in open rocky areas of gabbro and serpentine soils within chaparral plant communities.
- Streambank butterweed is found from British Columbia south to California, and east to Saskatchewan and New Mexico.