nounNorth American • informal
- A hired killer.More example sentences
- She is afraid Pasquale will grow up to be a ‘button man’ like his father and wants a better life for him.
- According to Gang Land, he was quite a button man in New Jersey.
- It is widely known, for example, that Mafia button men rarely kill for money, but usually carry out such assassinations as a kind of ‘gotcha’ that keeps other underworld figures on their toes.
More definitions of button manDefinition of button man in:
- The British & World English dictionary