Definition of buttonbush in English:
A low-growing North American aquatic shrub of the bedstraw family, with small tubular flowers that form globular flower heads.
- Cephalanthus occidentalis, family Rubiaceae
- Native buttonbush and Southern wax myrtle put up with poor drainage.
- Common buttonbush is the most abundant shrub, though bastard false indigo and silverling are also present.
- Butterflies feasted on purple asters, and dragonflies zigzagged over the buttonbushes, which bore a crop of round, dry fruits.
Definition of buttonbush in:
- British & World English dictionary