- A synthetic antioxidant used to preserve fats and oils in foods, medicinal drugs, and cosmetics.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C15H24O
- The ethanol used, contained butylated hydroxytoluene as an antioxidant.
- Check out whether sodium benzoate, butylated hydroxytoluene, or just about any other food additive is safe or unsafe by visiting our on-line Chemical Cuisine section.
- Propionic acid and its salts, ascorbic acid, butylated hydroxy anisole, butylated hydroxytoluene, benzoates, sodium nitrite, and citric acid are added to foods to maintain their palatability and wholesomeness.