Definition of buyer in English:
1A person who makes a purchase.
- No one knows who bought the cars, as none of the buyers wanted their purchase to be made public.
- Under the definitions, any major trade buyers would fall foul of the regulations.
- The anonymous buyer apparently then consumed the contents of the bottle in one sitting.
1.1A person employed to select and purchase stock or materials for a large retail or manufacturing business, etc.
- For many manufacturers, the customer is regarded as the retail company's buyer.
- His father was an engineer turned salesman and his mother a retail buyer.
- Unfortunately retailer buyers in America are resisting the urge to buy PCs in droves.
a buyer's market
- An economic situation in which goods or shares are plentiful and buyers can keep prices down.Example sentences
- For now, of course, the relentless tech downturn means a buyer's market.
- The majority of roles tend to be at the more senior end, but it is very much a buyers' market.
- And if you're on the prowl for an acquisition, it's a buyers' market.