1A variety of black wine grape from the Bordeaux area of France, now grown throughout the world.
- The traditional hot inland vineyards were abandoned for sites benefiting from cool ocean influence, where grapes such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinotage, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc flourished.
- Such French vine varieties as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, and some Pinot Noir were planted.
- In 1974, he planted famous varietals like Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc.
1.1A red wine made from the Cabernet Sauvignon grape.
- A fascinating part of the tour was to taste vintage 2000 Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot maturing in two types of French oak, as well as American and Bulgarian.
- In Napa for example, the best wines are generally thought to be Cabernet Sauvignons.
- But as more wineries and tasting rooms open here, there's more opportunity to sample locally produced Chardonnays, Pinot Noirs, Pinot Blancs, and Cabernet Sauvignons.
Definition of Cabernet Sauvignon in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.