- A skilled joiner who makes furniture or similar high-quality woodwork.More example sentences
- Their grandfather and his brother, both skilled cabinetmakers and joiners, had been drafted in to save the Settle Folly when it was in danger of falling down.
- Less exalted were the humble whittlers, and in between were joiners and cabinetmakers, who were the only woodworkers paid for their efforts.
- In 1738 he employed two silverers, a beveler, a journeyman glass cutter, a sculptor, three cabinetmakers, a journeyman cabinetmaker, and a shop clerk.
- More example sentences
- Few examples of documented Napoleonic furniture retain such extensive original material or provide such detailed physical information for studying and understanding the arts of French Empire cabinetmaking and upholstering.
- The college's five-quarter cabinetmaking and fine wood-working program prepare students for employment in cabinetmaking, furniture construction for luxury yachts.
- He and his wife devoted many hours to the horticultural improvement of the local parish churchyard and shortly before retirement he took up cabinetmaking.
More definitions of cabinetmakerDefinition of cabinetmaker in:
- The British & World English dictionary