- A cable attached to the shutter release of a camera, allowing the photographer to open the shutter without touching or moving the camera.More example sentences
- Set the camera's shutter-speed dial to the B position and lock the shutter open using your cable release.
- I don't think a homemade cable release would damage the camera.
- Open the shutter on the bulb setting of your camera with a locking cable release with either a mechanical or electronic release.
More definitions of cable releaseDefinition of cable release in:
- The British & World English dictionary