- A bridge in which the weight of the deck is supported by a number of cables running directly to one or more towers.More example sentences
- Wrap the lower portions of cables on cable-stayed bridges and suspension bridges with CFRP or other types of armor to protect them from blasts and fragmentation.
- When segmental construction is used as the deck of a cable-stayed bridge, span lengths can be much longer.
- It is common in the towers of cable-stayed bridges to anchor the cables of the main span into the tower wall closest to that span and the anchor span cables into the tower wall closest to the anchor span.
More definitions of cable-stayed bridgeDefinition of cable-stayed bridge in:
- The British & World English dictionary