- A kind of curved leg characteristic of Chippendale and Queen Anne furniture.More example sentences
- One cabriole leg is rooted in the ground (originally crowns were made of tree limbs and were attributes of the gods) and the other is a cloven hoof.
- Minimal hand-carving blended the narrow taper of the leg into the foot turning and created the semblance of a carved cabriole leg at low cost.
- Never again could designers turn a slim-ankled cabriole leg without indulging in a ‘period’ style.
late 18th century: so named from the resemblance to the front leg of a leaping animal (see cabriole).
More definitions of cabriole legDefinition of cabriole leg in:
- The British & World English dictionary