Definition of cacodylic acid in English:
A toxic crystalline acid containing arsenic, used as a herbicide.
- Large dietary doses of cacodylic acid for extended periods of time decrease fertility.
- Sodium cacodylate and cacodylic acid are likely to have similar toxicologic characteristics.
- The local irritant effects of cacodylic acid are minimal compared to those of arsenic.
- Example sentences
- The cells were then incubated overnight at 4° in a solution containing 1% OsO 4, 5% sucrose, and 0.1 M sodium cacodylate.
- The precipitate of the fixed liposomes was covered with a thin layer of 1% agar prepared in 100 mM cacodylate to prevent loss of the sample.
- Each sample collected was fixed for 2 hr at 30° by the addition of 3% glutaraldehyde and 5 mM CaCl 2 buffered with 100 mM sodium cacodylate, pH 6.8.
Definition of cacodylic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia