Definition of cadelle in English:
A small, dark beetle that is frequently found in food storage, where it scavenges and preys on other insects.
- Tenebroides mauritanicus, family Cleridae
- The cadelle may have been originally a predator under loose bark, as other species of the family are today.
- The cadelle is a beetle that is not common in stored grain.
- The cadelle is a species that normally hibernates, and it differs in this respect from a majority of the insect pests of stored grain and cereal products.
Definition of cadelle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan