1 trademark A large luxury car that is the most prestigious brand of General Motors.
- I don't remember the guy campaigning in a Cadillac.
- They did, however, spend $650 a month to lease a Cadillac.
- The men in the brown car waited in a parking space near Wheeler's black Cadillac.
2Something that is an outstanding example of its kind, especially in terms of luxury, quality, or size: the aircraft is widely regarded as the Cadillac of commuter planes
More example sentences
- The place has turned from a Porsche into a Cadillac.
- At D we have the Cadillac of diamonds: A colorless stone.
- This is the true Cadillac of the railroad!
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Cadillac in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.