- A primary electric cell with a cathode of cadmium amalgam and an electrolyte of saturated cadmium sulfate solution, used in laboratories as a standard of electromotive force.More example sentences
- Many devices are powered by nickel cadmium cells.
- He worked many years for the company and knows just about everything there is to know about nickel cadmium cells.
- The power capacity of nickel cadmium cells is not as high as some other battery types, but nickel cadmium cells are rechargeable, which reduces inspection costs.
More definitions of cadmium cellDefinition of cadmium cell in:
- The British & World English dictionary