Definition of cadmium yellow in English:
1A bright yellow pigment containing cadmium sulfide. Deeper versions are called cadmium orange; the addition of cadmium selenide gives cadmium red.
- There are permanent greens, yellow ocher, cadmium orange, ultramarine blue and bright yellow - to name a few from memory.
- He recites the five light-saturated, monochromatic, proscenium-sized drops like a mantra: ‘Cadmium light red, burnt sienna, cadmium yellow, deep blue, and cadmium red.’
- Methodical studies in a sketchbook show the results of stumbling various colors over a dark red composed of cadmium red and umber.
1.1A bright yellow color.
- A shock of red feathers rims the beak like a bonnet, and one of the chicks had a splotch of cadmium yellow on its head.
Definition of cadmium yellow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.