Definition of caecilian in English:
A burrowing wormlike amphibian of a tropical order distinguished by poorly developed eyes and the lack of limbs.
- Order Gymnophiona (or Apoda): five families
- Some not-so-familiar creatures, like the legless, burrowing caecilians, are also amphibians.
- Although they are amphibians, caecilians are denizens of the terrestrial underworld.
- While burrowing, caecilians employ concertina locomotion, lateral undulation, and vermiform locomotion.
Words that rhyme with caecilianAbbevillian, Azilian, Brazilian, Castilian, Chilean, Churchillian, civilian, cotillion, crocodilian, epyllion, Gillian, Lilian, Maximilian, Pamphylian, pavilion, postilion, Quintilian, reptilian, Sicilian, Tamilian, vaudevillian, vermilion, Virgilian
Definition of caecilian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.