- A lightweight, hooded, thigh-length waterproof jacket.More example sentences
- ‘Riot gear’ appears in the form of high collar jackets, balaclava hooded cagoules and glazed cotton para parkas.
- I was absolutely shattered, wearing a cagoule and a pair of sunglasses to hide the bags under my eyes.
- It was bucketing it down; the caravan site looked as if it had been hit by a mud slide; and we each needed two cardigans, a cagoule, thermal gloves and a balaclava to make it down to the seafront without contracting hypothermia.
1950s: from French, literally 'cowl'.
More definitions of cagouleDefinition of cagoule in:
- The British & World English dictionary