Definition of cahow in English:
A large Atlantic petrel that breeds in Bermuda. It is an endangered species.
- Pterodroma cahow, family Procellariidae
- Bermuda's most famous bird, the Bermuda petrel, or cahow, is a rare but rewarding sight.
- He has taken invasives by the roots and continues the effort to save our indigenous cahows from extinction.
- This year the world's last 24 pairs of cahows have produced twelve healthy chicks.
early 17th century: imitative of its call.
Definition of cahow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan