Definition of caiman in English:
A semiaquatic reptile similar to the alligator but with a heavily armored belly, native to tropical America.
- Caiman and other genera, family Alligatoridae: three species, in particular the spectacled caiman (C. sclerops)
- A crocodilian is any member of an order of reptiles that includes crocodiles, alligators, caimans, gavials, and related extinct forms.
- The zoo here is now playing host to a pair each of seamy crocodiles, alligators and caimans, giving the city dwellers a glimpse of some rare species.
- The continental record in South America, where caimans spent much of their history, is sporadic.
Words that rhyme with caimanBremen, Damon, Eamon, layman, laymen, stamen
Definition of caiman in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.