Definition of cakebox in English:
1A storage container for a round layer cake, with a surrounding cover that protects and preserves the cake.
- She has gilded all the cakeboxes, and ordered fondue sets for everyone to take home as favors.
- It's called the Shoebox Project, though the boxes are actually more like small cakeboxes.
- The last cake, which I sent at the arrival of a new baby girl, was so appreciated and loved and the recipient wrote to me in her thank you note that she has already ordered three cakeboxes for others!
1.1A similarly shaped package for blank, recordable compact discs, with a central spindle on which discs are stacked.
- Instead they are sold in spindle packs or cakeboxes, where the discs are stacked on a central spindle.
- Memorex offers a large selection of pack sizes and configurations, including jewel cases, slim jewel cases, paper sleeves, bulk and cakeboxes ranging from 5 packs to 100 packs.
- I could use a few 100-disc cakeboxes to store them and to store the burnt discs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan