Definition of caladium in English:
noun (plural caladiums)
A tropical South American plant of the arum family that is cultivated for its brilliantly colored ornamental foliage.
- Genus Caladium, family Araceae
- For especially dramatic container plants, try the summer flower bulbs, for starters: tuberose, oxalis, agapanthus, cannas, begonias, dahlias, caladiums, lilies, or elephant ears.
- ‘Bulbs are the flamboyant superstars of summer - think of lilies, dahlias, tuberous begonias, canna, caladium, gladioli, elephant ears, pineapple plants and agapanthus,’ she said.
- A member of the arum family, the caladium is a tuberous - rooted, perennial, herbaceous plant, in leaf from May until late September.
Definition of caladium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.