Definition of caladium in English:
noun (plural caladiums)
A tropical South American plant of the arum family that is cultivated for its brilliantly colored ornamental foliage.
- Genus Caladium, family Araceae
- For especially dramatic container plants, try the summer flower bulbs, for starters: tuberose, oxalis, agapanthus, cannas, begonias, dahlias, caladiums, lilies, or elephant ears.
- ‘Bulbs are the flamboyant superstars of summer - think of lilies, dahlias, tuberous begonias, canna, caladium, gladioli, elephant ears, pineapple plants and agapanthus,’ she said.
- A member of the arum family, the caladium is a tuberous - rooted, perennial, herbaceous plant, in leaf from May until late September.
Definition of caladium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan