Definition of calamint in English:
An aromatic Eurasian herbaceous plant or shrub with blue or lilac flowers.
- Genus Calamintha, family Labiatae
- He rubbed a mixture of charcoal, calamint, water mint, and other dried herbs into his pelt to try to blot out the stench of the village, then toppled onto a pallet in one of the guest rooms to fall asleep within seconds.
- Planted with the setting sun behind it, calamint turns into a luminous star of the evening garden.
- The British Herbal Pharmacopoeia recommends calamint for nervous and digestive complaints, menstrual pains, colds, chills and cramps; it has specific application in cases of infantile flatulent colic.
Words that rhyme with calamintvarmint • spearmint
Definition of calamint in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan