Definition of calathea in English:
A tropical American plant that typically has variegated and ornamental leaves, widely grown as a greenhouse or indoor plant.
- Genus Calathea, family Marantaceae: many species
- The maranta and calathea are other such plants.
- Good quality calatheas can be produced but careful attention must be given to the production environment.
- Many calatheas have a red or purple underside to their leaves, which adds subterfuge to their pest resistance.
Definition of calathea in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia