Definition of calceolaria in English:
A South American plant of the figwort family that is cultivated for its brightly colored slipper- or pouch-shaped flowers. Also called pocketbook plant.
- Genus Calceolaria, family Scrophulariaceae
- In zones 15-17, you can also plant calceolaria, cineraria, nemesia, and schizanthus.
- Some special care is requisite in growing these splendid calceolarias in a creditable manner.
- Sow some half-hardy annuals for use a winter pot plants e.g. calceolarias, schizanthus and cinnerarias.
Definition of calceolaria in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan