- (Chiefly of minerals) containing or relatively rich in calcium.More example sentences
- Tauride dykes contain less calcic plagioclase than their host cumulates, like the Kinik ophiolites.
- Some of the studied rocks (particularly gabbros) show high alumina characteristics probably reflecting the high modal content of very calcic plagioclase.
- The original hornblende crystals have partially decomposed to form a mesh of ortho- and clinopyroxene and extremely calcic plagioclase.
More definitions of calcicDefinition of calcic in:
- The British & World English dictionary