- One of the D vitamins, a sterol that is formed when its isomer ergosterol is exposed to ultraviolet light, and that is routinely added to dairy products. Also called ergocalciferol, vitamin D2 (see vitamin D).More example sentences
- Although several chemical compounds provide vitamin D activity, only two of these substances are commonly found in the diet of animals: vitamin D 2, or calciferol, and vitamin D 3.
- The physiotherapist delivered vitamin D tablets (two 1.25 mg calciferol tablets initially and then one monthly for one year) to those not already taking this supplement.
- Vitamin D, also called calciferol, is a vitamin that dissolves in the body's fat.
More definitions of calciferolDefinition of calciferol in:
- The British & World English dictionary