- Containing or producing calcium salts, especially calcium carbonate.More example sentences
- The stroma itself was myxomatous with numerous calciferous bodies and occasional ganglion cells in clusters.
- The hard corals still had their form in all their previous and glorious variety, but the living element, the part that grows on the calciferous skeleton and holds it all together, was missing.
- The sand is cooled by passing the colored calciferous sand over a fluidized bed cooler.
More definitions of calciferousDefinition of calciferous in:
- The British & World English dictionary