- A white, insoluble solid occurring naturally as chalk, limestone, marble, and calcite, and forming mollusk shells and stony corals.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CaCO3
- When water becomes supersaturated in dissolved calcium carbonate, solid calcium carbonate can grow by precipitation from the water.
- Insoluble calcium carbonate is basically chalk.
- When you make cement you make calcium oxide which can react with carbon dioxide and make calcium carbonate.
More definitions of calcium carbonateDefinition of calcium carbonate in:
- The British & World English dictionary