- A white crystalline salt used to de-ice roads and as a drying agent.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CaCl2
- With calcium carbonate, neutralization of acid involves the formation of calcium chloride, carbon dioxide, and water.
- Normal de-icing chemicals are based on sodium chloride, calcium chloride, or urea, which do not have any adverse chemical effect on concrete.
- The second case study, a residential concrete sidewalk, deals with slightly different entrained air-void systems and the effects of sodium and calcium chloride de-icing chemicals.
More definitions of calcium chlorideDefinition of calcium chloride in:
- The British & World English dictionary