Definition of caliginous in English:
Misty, dim; obscure, dark.
- Women walked behind men and liberation was not even a faint mirage on a caliginous, feminist horizon for un’ Americana in post-war Italy.
- Then it happened, as I didn't expect it would as they lowered the coffin into the crepuscular and caliginous hole we all stood above the coffin holding a clod of dirt, ready to scatter it over the firm wood.
- He bled into the darkness between every light plastered on the ceiling, only displaying his head and shoulders in the caliginous luminosity, fading back to darkness as he walked forward.
- Example sentences
- I believe this caliginosity is having a negative impact on the content of what I relate here.
- He remembered doing it before on occasion, although he had always been one to prefer the caliginosity of the night.
- The drive home reveals a slate sky, clouds that appear white against the sky's caliginosity and a saucer sized full moon cloaked in silver and pearl.
Definition of caliginous in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan