Definition of call boy in English:
1A person in a theater who summons actors when they are due on stage.
- The call boy, Ferguson, was standing across the stage from the President's box, talking to Miss Keene.
- Nimmo was then a call-boy at the Theatre Royal; and, going afterwards to London, he became head-manager at Mitchell's.
2A male prostitute who accepts appointments by telephone.
- These categories are street hustler, bar hustler or dancer, kept boy, and escort or call boy.
- Needless to say, my uncle is no call boy or gigolo, but a respected general practitioner.
- ‘There is a need to work closely with these drivers and the call boys as a means of enhancing male involvement in the fight against HIV / AIDS,’ Ms Kazembe says.
Definition of call boy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan