- Either of two plants of the arum family.
More example sentences
- ● (usually calla lily) Genus Zantedeschia, family Araceae: several species, in particular Z. aethiopica. ● (also wild calla) another term for water arum
- Start begonias, caladiums, callas, cannas, and dahlias in pots indoors on a sunny windowsill.
- Don't overlook summer-blooming callas, dahlias and cannas.
- After frost kills their foliage, dig up callas, cannas, dahlias, tuberous begonias, and other tender bulbs.
early 19th century: modern Latin.
More definitions of callaDefinition of calla in:
- The British & World English dictionary