Definition of callback in English:
1An invitation to return for a second audition or interview.
- For example, a friend who is an actor has recently arrived in the city and is auditioning and getting callbacks like crazy.
- Auditions were usually held on a Monday with the cast list not posted until Thursday or Friday to allow time for dance auditions, callbacks, and Mr. Alden's inevitable disorganization.
- You smile as you remember the initial interview, thinking about how you just knew you had nailed that one and were confident you would get a callback for an on-site interview.
2A telephone call made to return a call received.
- After placing several calls to one of his handlers, I was more then a little surprised to receive a callback from someone who identified themselves as Tom.
- Furthermore, dynamic queue statistics such as position in queue and expected wait time can be provided to tell customers when they can expect to receive the callback.
- Delay options of 5, 10 or 30 minutes allow time for preparation to receive the callback.
Definition of callback in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan