1An invitation to return for a second audition or interview.
- For example, a friend who is an actor has recently arrived in the city and is auditioning and getting callbacks like crazy.
- Auditions were usually held on a Monday with the cast list not posted until Thursday or Friday to allow time for dance auditions, callbacks, and Mr. Alden's inevitable disorganization.
- You smile as you remember the initial interview, thinking about how you just knew you had nailed that one and were confident you would get a callback for an on-site interview.
2A telephone call made to return a call received.
- After placing several calls to one of his handlers, I was more then a little surprised to receive a callback from someone who identified themselves as Tom.
- Furthermore, dynamic queue statistics such as position in queue and expected wait time can be provided to tell customers when they can expect to receive the callback.
- Delay options of 5, 10 or 30 minutes allow time for preparation to receive the callback.
Words that rhyme with callbackfallback
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of callback in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.