Definition of camellia in English:
- Genus Camellia, family Theaceae: several species, in particular the common camellia (C. japonica), which has numerous cultivars and hybrids
- Rhododendrons, most heathers, camellias and many others must have acid soil.
- The pavilions will house plants from temperate regions of the southern hemisphere such as passion flowers, camellias, banksias, tea trees and wattles.
- The garden includes ferns, hydrangeas, irises, waterlilies, camellias, rhododendrons, Japanese maples and fuchsias.
Modern Latin, named by Linnaeus after Joseph Kamel (Latinized as Camellus), Moravian botanist (1661–1706), who described the flora of Luzon, an island in the Philippines.
Words that rhyme with camelliaAmelia, Celia, Cordelia, Cornelia, Delia, Elia, epithelia, Karelia, Montpelier, Ophelia, psychedelia
Definition of camellia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.