Definition of camper in English:
1A person who spends a vacation in a tent or camp.
- Emerging from the tent I saw the campers around us were hastily packing everything up and then dragging all their soaking gear to the shelter of the kitchen area, huddling there wet and cramped.
- Christmas is looming ever closer, and this morning on the radio warnings were going out to holiday campers, to have a contingency for possible evacuations, in the event of fire.
- The controlled operation will help protect campers and holidaymakers from loose rocks falling towards the Mount Maunganui hot pools and motor camp this summer.
2A large motor vehicle with facilities for sleeping and cooking while camping.
- The accident on the Perth to Inverness road involved a Transit van, a camper van and a Volkswagen Polo thought to be from the continent.
- Someone's car had blocked our camper van in and we had to leave.
- The applicant in that case had serious health problems and had, he alleged, been evicted from accommodation and compelled to live in a camper van so that his health deteriorated and he had to be taken to hospital.
Words that rhyme with camperdamper, hamper, pamper, scamper, stamper, Tampa, tamper, tramper
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.