A plant of the pink family, typically having pink or white flowers with notched petals, found in both Eurasia and North America.
- Genera Silene and Lychnis, family Caryophyllaceae
More example sentences
- As well as holding a huge range of grassland wild flowers, such as ox-eye daisies, poppies, campion and corn marigold, the nursery grows plants from wetland, upland and woodland habitats.
- There were still flowers in plenty, pink campion, toadflax, small blue scabious, honeysuckle, and six-inch mushrooms, inedible no doubt, but the blackberries were ripe and juicy enough to quench thirst.
- The white campion, Silene latifolia (previously Melandrium album), is a common eudicot weed found in both North America and Europe.
Definition of campion in:
- The British & World English dictionary