Definition of campo in English:
noun (plural campos)
1 (usually the campo) (In South America, especially Brazil), a grass plain with occasional stunted trees.
- South of this are the Mato Grosso with its grassland plateau and the campos, mountain plateaux intersected by deep river valleys.
- Family farms, campos, and swaths of countryside are being seized and decimated.
2A square in an Italian or Spanish town.
- There are several banks near the campo in Piazza Tolomei, and include Banchi di Sotto and Via di Citta.
- There are thousands of people packed into the campo even for the trial races-- it's amazing.
- Near the Campo we had to walk our bikes as the streets were packed with all of the locals and tourists who had arrived for the celebrations.