Definition of campus in English:
noun (plural campuses)
1The grounds and buildings of a university or college: for the first year I had a room on campus
More example sentences
- It has excellent sporting facilities, college and university campuses and a wide diversity of people and businesses.
- Most university campuses can boast buildings that architects would put in the category of good design.
- Heavy episodic drinking on college and university campuses is a widespread phenomenon.
1.1North American The grounds of a school, hospital, or other institution.
- The city has a fairly good green cover, with a number of rare and ancient trees on various institutional campuses.
- It was undoubtedly the largest high school campus I had ever seen.
Words that rhyme with campusgrampus, hippocampus, pampas
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.