- 1A small piece of bread or pastry with a savory topping, often served with drinks at a reception or formal party.More example sentences
- But instead of resorting to the sort of supermarket canapés that are served with inevitable monotony at so many parties, why not opt for home-made nibbles, which also work out far cheaper.
- From the canapés with our pre-dinner drink to the petits-fours served with coffee in the lounge, nothing could be faulted.
- The company would assemble round this table, propose toasts, clink glasses, down the first glass of vodka in a gulp, and quickly follow it with a bite of herring or a caviar canapé.
- 2A sofa, especially a decorative French antique.More example sentences
- She is seated at ease on a comfortable canapé.
- Many different types of couches exist; popular types include the divan. the chaise longue, the canapé or the ottoman.
More definitions of canapéDefinition of canapé in:
- The British & World English dictionary