- He was an unsuccessful candidate in the general election and he came knocking at my door for my vote.
- I suppose that it was also a good year for many independent candidates in the general election.
- It is a chance for general election candidates to make a practical difference.
- It also claims this will also permit it to return copies of marked scripts to schools and candidates.
- The writer is a doctoral candidate in Teacher Development at the University of Toronto.
- Examiners and candidates have to manage these hybrid discourses within their conversation.
- Sildenafil was originally identified as a candidate for the treatment of angina.
- The young soft calf is a likely candidate for respiratory disease if mismanaged.
- Woods Snr, it has to be said, has never been a likely candidate for the diplomatic service.
Early 17th century: from Latin candidatus 'white-robed', also denoting a candidate for office (who traditionally wore a white toga), from candidus 'white'.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.