- 1(Of food or drink) preserved or supplied in a sealed can: canned beansMore example sentences
- Walk through your local supermarket, and you'll find it in breakfast cereals, canned drinks, processed foods of every sort.
- The growing use of instant pudding, instant drinks, snack foods, and canned soups reflects growing time constraints.
- All contributions are gratefully accepted - used clothes, toys, canned food, medical supplies, school equipment.
- 2 • informal , often • derogatory (Of music, laughter, or applause) prerecorded and therefore considered to be lacking in freshness and spontaneity.More example sentences
- Upon her arrival home she was greeted by the sound of canned laughter floating out of the den.
- To be honest, I preferred the live music, even though it made conversation near-impossible, to the canned music which I found too loud and too intrusive.
- However, it is important that people should be aware that the proposed bill only applies to live entertainment and not to canned music, which could easily be used more often.
More definitions of cannedDefinition of canned in:
- The British & World English dictionary