Definition of cannonball in English:
1A round metal or stone projectile fired from a cannon in former times.
- Mortars, as seen in the top right and bottom left hand pictures, were used to fire cannonballs over walls into a courtyard to kill soldiers and cause general damage.
- Dozens of rounds of ammo, bombs and even cannonballs are fired at the trio, yet don't produce one scratch.
- Also uncovered were musket balls, cannonballs, a grenade and tools.
1.1 (also cannonball dive) North American A jump into water performed upright with the knees clasped to the chest.
- She ran down the hill, off the deck, and did a cannonball into the water.
- Yukirin quickly leaped into the water, doing a cannonball and splashing Fiona.
- Suddenly, Tyler did a cannonball into the water.
Definition of cannonball in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan