- Oilseed rape of a variety developed in Canada and grown in North America. It yields a valuable culinary oil.More example sentences
- Vos has been experimenting with different seeding rates per acre for field peas as well as trying out different varieties of canola.
- The Swiss company, Bayer, had an application approved to grow genetically modified canola earlier this year.
- An extra 200,000 hectares of canola could be grown under conservation farming practices.
1970s: from Canada + -ola (based on Latin oleum 'oil').
More definitions of canolaDefinition of canola in:
- The British & World English dictionary