In a smooth singing style.
- Then the middle section offers a prime example of cantabile style from the violin, and Neftel's singing tone is intoxicating.
- The crystalline lightness of Goode's cantabile line in the Andante poco moto recalled Schubert's songs and vocal music.
- Her beautiful cantabile singing of ‘La Promessa’ was all sweetness and lightness.
A cantabile passage or movement.
- The plan of cantabiles, cabalettas, multi-movement duets, and finales that served Bellini, Donizetti, and the young Verdi had been defined by him.
- Never do you get the sense that the Angeles is trying to impress you with virtuosic plunges or move you to tears with saccharine cantabiles, although both happened to me in their rendition of the Sturm und Drang Opus 20 quartets.
- This staging certainly retains the futile but widely accepted cuts (for example in the cantabile of Violetta's big Scena ed Aria at the end of the first act).
Italian, literally 'singable'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.