- 1(Especially in a Spanish-speaking country or the southwestern US) a bar.More example sentences
- The bars are doing a booming business and there are now some fifteen gay clubs, bars, cantinas and lounges, almost all of them in the unique part of town known as the South Side.
- Along the way, Terry finds time to carouse in local cantinas and spends time with a variety of young, pretty Cuban women.
- This summer, heart-warming scenes like the above are being played out across the plages and dance floors of Europe, in the cantinas and tapas bars.
- 1.1(In Italy) a wine shop.More example sentences
- The famous cantina has been changed into a barber shop which is run by several quirky and humorous black men.
late 19th century: from Spanish and Italian.
More definitions of cantinaDefinition of cantina in:
- The British & World English dictionary